[Sca-cooks] OT (OOP) Flu/Chili question

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Dec 15 08:34:36 PST 2003

>    I recognise that part of this is self-evident, it's the other "fringies"
> that I'm interested in. I've got the flu on top of a sinus/ear infection
> (man, even my _teeth_ ache!) and have developed a craving for, of all
> things, Wendy's chili. For some reason, it makes me feel better. I can
> understand that the warmth and the mild clearing effect of the (barely
> spicy) chili would do that, but - a craving? Comfort food? Beyond the two
> things I mentioned, is there some sort of ingredient in their chili that is
> somehow beneficial to sinus sufferers? Because you'd think it was chicken
> soup I want, but it's not. And it's got my hubby laughing at me and
> threatening to bring home a pregnancy test!

Interesting. I like Wendy's chili as comfort food, myself, but I also
don't know why. However, when I have a cold or sinus infection, I go
straight for Thai soup, or (in DC) Vietnamese hot and sour soup. The owner
of the local Thai restaurant is becoming accustomed to me coming in with a
box of tissues and a bag to put the used ones in, and ordering soup and
lots of water. :)

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I desire nothing more earnestly than that my work be a stepping-block
which others may mount to glimpse a farther horizon."