[Sca-cooks] chopping things

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 06:07:46 PST 2003

> > Ha!  Well, I suppose I do it because I am used to listening to the surf
>of
> > the ocean.  Since I live in a city no where near the ocean I don't have
>that
> > constant background noise.  I find a lot of comfort in the sound of
>water.
> > I used to have a fish tank in most rooms to make water noises but now I
> > don't.  Most of my freinds eventually get used to it and realize it will
> > turn off when my task is done.  Silly what some folks do.  I suppose it
>is a
> > waste, on the other hand, how many folks leave the TV on as background
> > noise?  Or the same tape playing again and again?
> > Olwen
>
>White-noise generator? One of those tabletop fountain things?
>
>Margaret

Actually, my sister, who knows my affinity for water noises, sent me a
beautiful tabletop fountain.  Trouble is in my studio I have three outlets
and two circuit-breakers.  I have enough extentions cords running around the
place for the computers and stuff but I just can't dedicate another line to
a permanent item.  Besides, the cats would keep drinking the water.  They do
at my friends homes.
Olwen