[Sca-cooks] chopping things

Tara Sersen Boroson tara at kolaviv.com
Mon Dec 15 06:24:34 PST 2003

> Actually, my sister, who knows my affinity for water noises, sent me a
> beautiful tabletop fountain.  Trouble is in my studio I have three
> outlets and two circuit-breakers.  I have enough extentions cords
> running around the place for the computers and stuff but I just can't
> dedicate another line to a permanent item.  Besides, the cats would
> keep drinking the water.  They do at my friends homes.

The cat part isn't a bad thing.  Cats naturally gravitate to running
water for drinking, because in nature it's usually cleaner.  You can buy
fountains designed for watering cats.  (That is, food safe plastics,
large enough water resevoir, small enough pool that the cats won't
splash water everywhere, filter so any debris that gets in won't clog up
the works, some sort of purification system I believe - uv light, maybe?)

OTOH, you can't do much about the electricity situation, so this is all
a moot point ;)

-Magdalena

--
Tara Sersen Boroson

You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him to find it for himself. - Galileo Galilei