[Sca-cooks] marzipan madness

Erika Thomenius ldygytha at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 16 09:09:12 PST 2003

>i am either goddess or the village idiot... no one even touched my
>marzipan creations for al-Barran midwinter (Outlands).

Goddess, certainly and without question.  :)

>last i heard, the tromp d oil (sp) flemish scroll was intact, and the
>painted treasure map was headed south with my intrepid hubby's knight.
>   >sigh<  i could not even entice a dear friend who adores marzipan to
>pluck one strawberry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>hopefully pics tomorrow.  much press on local scribal list.

Much press everywhere.  The scrolls were the highlight of the dessert table.
  I can't tell you how many people came up to me and complimented them.

Incidentally, the trompe d'oeil scroll is intact, and on my kitchen counter,
because I could bear neither to cut into it nor throw it away..

>THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT, OLWEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  and the delicate
>paste.. .even i could tell the diff between that and the base for the
>'scrolls'.

Absolutely.  Many, many thanks all around

I have a couple of pics of the whole display.. I'll get them up in the next
couple of days.
And thanks to everyone on the list for your good instruction and advice.

-Gytha "Tired ex-Dessert-o-crat" Karlsdotter