[Sca-cooks] Preserved (Pickled) Lemons

Yehoshua ben Haym zkessin at cs.brandeis.edu
Tue Dec 16 10:28:12 PST 2003

What I did, and I make no claims that this is anything other than me
improvising. This was what I made for my girlfriend for her birthday

Take one cut up chicken, brown the outsides.
add some scallions, salt pepper etc.

Remove everything from the pan, add lemons and liquid to deglaze.
add the meat and stuff back in. Add a pinch of saffron. Cover let stew for
a while. With about 15 minutes done I added some couscous. Well its not
exactly couscous but sort of a past that looks like big couscous. I don't
know what its called in English. (but its yummy and cheap at the shuk).

It comes out wonderfully.

--
Yehoshua ben Haym haYerushalmi
Senischal soon to be Shire of Beit Aryeh