[Sca-cooks] Preserved (Pickled) Lemons

Tara Sersen Boroson tara at kolaviv.com
Tue Dec 16 10:53:45 PST 2003

>Take one cut up chicken, brown the outsides.
>add some scallions, salt pepper etc.
>
>Remove everything from the pan, add lemons and liquid to deglaze.
>add the meat and stuff back in. Add a pinch of saffron. Cover let stew for
>a while. With about 15 minutes done I added some couscous. Well its not
>exactly couscous but sort of a past that looks like big couscous. I don't
>know what its called in English. (but its yummy and cheap at the shuk).

Mmm, that sounds like it would be awesome with some artichoke hearts,
too.  I wonder where I can find some of these lemons?  I'll have to keep
my eyes open...

The couscous you're talking about is labeled Israeli Couscous in US
markets.  I didn't know they called it anything except couscous *in*
Israel.  Kinda like French Toast and French Fries, I guess ;)

-Magdalena

--
Tara Sersen Boroson

You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him to find it for himself. - Galileo Galilei