[Sca-cooks] cookie exchange - OOP

John Kemker john at kemker.org
Tue Dec 16 20:37:32 PST 2003

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com wrote:

>> Oh, goodie, Seonaid is my protege, so we'll probably be seeing
>> cookies at
>> 12th Night, right?
>> Pretty please?
>

> Please get her to share her recipe. She was the only one that didnt
> include it. *S*
> Ranvaig

As Seonaid is my Lady, I have been asked to transcribe the recipe:

Pumpkin Cookies
============
2 C Flour
1 C Oatmeal
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1C butter
1 C brown sugar
1 C sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla  (prefer Penzey's)
1 C pumpkin, canned or fresh-roasted
1 C extras (raisins and/or nuts)

Preheat oven to 350F

Cream butter, sugar, egg, vanilla together.

In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients.  Alternating between
dry ingredients and pumpkin, mix into creamed ingredients until blended.

Spoon onto a lightly-greased cookie sheet or parchment.  Bake for 20-25
minutes.  Makes 2-3 dozen cookies.