[Sca-cooks] personal libraries

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Dec 16 20:38:00 PST 2003

>So, how do you ever find the one you want? Or keep from buying multiple
copies of the same book? Especially with such a large library as you have?

>Stefan

Memory.  My personal collection has over 10,000 volumes and Margaret's adds
several thousand more.  We don't have anywhere near enough shelf space for
the collection, so many are packed.  I'm usually between 80 and 90 percent
accurate on locating them.  The longer it has been since I last looked at a
particular volume, the longer it takes to remember it's location.

I'm planning to inventory them over the next several years for insurance
purposes and to transfer ownership of the collectible volumes to our trust.
That will also entail cataloging them for the successor trustees.

Bear