[Sca-cooks] Kind of OT: Christmas food drives

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Dec 17 07:02:02 PST 2003

It made me think of the folks on this list - what are the wierdest things
 you've given up to food drives? Given the kinds of ingredients we use,
this could be a highly amusing discussion.
The Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts run a canned food drive here in the spring.
I was away last year, so my husband took my son and they did a couple of
routes along with another boy. They weren't collecting much in the way of
canned donations, so they swung past our house and hit my pantry. They took
everything they thought they would never eat, like some of the speciality
soups, gourmet vegetables, hard to find stuff. I came home to find certain
items just gone.

Johnnae