[Sca-cooks] Cookies!

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Dec 19 21:51:02 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> The very first year I spent a summer away from home my Grandmother sent me
> box of chocolate chip cookies. She did not want them to get broken so she
> did the following: took two cookies and placed them bottom to bottom and
> then wrapped them in saran wrap.

Well, that would help if they would tend to stay intact, but part of the
problem is that the peanut butter, I think, just doesn't hold together as
well as flour does. Margali says she thinks it's a function of the protein
in the peanut butter- I was just wondering if anyone knows of any way to
over come it. These cookies were extremely fragile after I baked them, and,
of course, being shipped didn't help. If I'd have saved all the broken
cookies for me, and just shipped the intact ones, I'd be 10 lbs heavier, and
everyone else would have gotten a cookie apiece ;-)

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.