[Sca-cooks] Playing with cottage cheese ;o)

AEllin Olafs dotter aellin at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 20 16:56:34 PST 2003

I used to make a dish called Hungarian Noodles. Have no idea how
authentic... but it's good. Without looking now at a Real Recipe (I know
I had one, once), I'd slice an onion, and saute in butter. Cut cabbage
into shreds, add to onion with Hungarian paprika (I used hot), continue
to saute until just cooked. Add cottage cheese and just barely heat
through. You don't want it to actually melt, just not be cold.  Put the
whole thing over egg noodles (yes, of course, cooked...). Maybe sprinkle
with caraway, if handy? Nice fast supper. Amounts? Um... how hungry are
you?

AEllin