[Sca-cooks] Favorite chocolate truffle recipe?

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Sat Dec 20 20:37:41 PST 2003

Also sprach Stefan li Rous:
>  Anne-Marie asked:
>>Of course the better the chocolate, the better the truffle, I'm sure!
>>And how much flavoring can one add before you screw up the consistency?
>>I'd like to try flavoring them next time :). (can you say Kirschwasser?
>Yes, I can say it. But I have no idea what it is. A liquor?

German cherry brandy. Kirsch = cherry, wasser = water, or in this
case the thin, clear, watery-looking liquid (I know you can say
80-100 proof, Stefan -- c'mon, make me proud) you get when you
distill cherry wine or fermented cherry pits and pulp.  It can be
made into liqueurs, but why bother? ;-)

>Stefan
>(Who often thinks he needs a translator for Adamatius, too. Or to
>learn French)

I assumed that was my heavy New York accent at work. (I actually
don't really have one, normally, unless I put it on for effect;
people usually have a hard time pinpointing where I'm from, based on
my speech.)  I don't really speak French; I can read French recipes
quite well, because the terminology is so specialized, and I'm
specifically trained in that stuff, while much conversational French
is a bit of a mystery to me. Unfortunately there are sometimes no
easy equivalent terms in English, for culinary French.

Adamantius