OT: Evil Spawn, was, Re: [Sca-cooks] Oops, I forgot...

Leah A. Montgomery mog_bane at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 20 21:58:07 PST 2003

>My lady wife and I discussed this at just slightly louder than
>conversational tones, in our bedroom, which shares a common wall with his.
>Anyway, we concluded that this wasn't going to happen. We wouldn't mind his
>going, we agreed, but figured most of the time, it was just going to be a
>lot of teenage girls in bikinis and mass quantities of seafood, and we
>agreed our son, who'd just be turning thirteen, wouldn't have any interest
>in _that_. [Muffled sounds from other side of the wall, possibly indicating
>a child just realizing his parents are psychotic aliens.] And it was a long
>time to be without the strict supervision of his parents. And besides, he'd
>probably have to miss _at least_ a week of school. [Louder noises from
>other side of the wall, possibly stifled cheering or some kind of
>seizure...]
>
>It seemed like a pretty well-thrown-down gauntlet. Evil Spawn (tm) last
>seen studying periodic table of elements. We'll see.
>
>Adamantius

Parents are evil of the greatest kind! I'm glad that I grew up to be one of
them and discovered the secret of "oh, we don't want him/her to hear our
conversation! *wink wink* *nudge nudge*"

Leah A. Montgomery
SCA: Safia bint Wahib al Marakeshi called Samira
Head of Byat Al Viola Hirrar
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra (Austin, TX)
mog_bane at hotmail.com