[Sca-cooks] A small OT lecture from Auntie 'Lainie

Leah A. Montgomery mog_bane at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 20 22:07:00 PST 2003

> > My small lecture is this: force yourself to sit down and think about
>what
> > you would want to happen if you were in an accident, seriously ill, or
>such
> > situation. What do you want to happen? What do you not want to happen?
>Sit down
> > with your family and loved ones and TELL THEM what you want. And then
>put it in
> > writing. It is fairly easy to put together a living will and a medical
>power of
> > attorney. Your doctor's office can tell you where to get the papers.
>
>Don't forget a regular will, so that your possessions will go where you
>want
>them to go.  You don't have to own a lot of property to need a will.  Also,
>put
>your funeral preferences down in writing.  Make sure that important
>financial
>papers are in an easy-to-find place: the lease or mortgage, the car title
>and
>registration, tax documents, and other essential pieces of modern life.

Another thing that you might want to think about is getting your funeral
paid for now. It doesn't matter if you are 19 or 79. You can plan out the
whole darned thing. I think most places will let you update your plan as the
years go by. And there is at least one which is a franchise with places
across the country! Billions and billions buried. (Any more room on the
Rock?)

Leah A. Montgomery
SCA: Safia bint Wahib al Marakeshi called Samira
Head of Byat Al Viola Hirrar
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra (Austin, TX)
mog_bane at hotmail.com