[Sca-cooks] A small OT lecture from Auntie 'Lainie

Mark Hendershott crimlaw at jeffnet.org
Sun Dec 21 11:36:10 PST 2003

I'll seond most of what Bear said.  However, not everone needs a
trust.  This is a decision to be made based on
individual circumstances and what jurisdiction you live in.  Probate isn't
always necessary.  Here in Oregon we have a small estate
procedure which applies for a lot of folks I see.  I recently had to do a
similar procedure for a family with
Wyoming connections.  Other states may have similar laws.

I don't get a flat fee of 15% for probates either (I wish).  I have to keep
track of time and have the bill approved
by the probate court.  A well planned estate makes low billable
hours.  Leave things in a big mess and
I profit.  I should also caution that I have seen many people who were sold
unnecessary and high cost trust
setups.  Shop around.

Simon Sinneghe
Briaroak, Summits, An Tir