[Sca-cooks] Favorite chocolate truffle recipe?

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Mon Dec 22 03:20:37 PST 2003

Also sprach Jessica Tiffin:
>While saving various truffle recipes to my hard drive, lo and
>behold! a file called "truffle.txt", which turns out to contain a
>post from one Master Adamantius from several years ago - I fear,
>good Master, you used the paprika and prunes one...
>
>>I STR having great success with the paprika truffle recipe in the
>>Larousse Gastronomique (this being a more-or-less French food item, I
>>consider it pretty trustworthy). I made one significant change, though,
>>as I recall, which was because I had no good paprika in the house, and
>>an abundance of cheap champagne. I reduced (I think) two bottles of the
>>nasty champagne which vendors to my lady wife's workplace keep giving
>>her, down to about 1/2 cup, and incorporated this concentrate into the
>>mixture. I have no idea if this is how champagne truffles are actually
>>made, but they were certainly a hit.
>>
>>Will post the original recipe later, if I can.
>>
>>Adamantius
>
>hope this is in time to be useful...

Ah. Okay. That must have worked, at the time, although I never used
the prunes, either, and I must have used a sweeter chocolate than the
unsweetened type the paprika truffle recipe calls for.

I'm pleased to announce, though, that it appears the taste in
champagne of the vendors that deal with Young and Rubicam, Inc, has
improved since that post. ;-)

A.