[Sca-cooks] language of Isreal

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 22 09:18:35 PST 2003

Many years ago, I went to a big seder in Los Angeles where the fellow
sitting next to me was a native Hebrew speaker from Israel on his first
trip to the US.  He found the proceedings fascinating, since his family
seders were mainly in Aramaic.  This time, he could understand it all!
 I told him, I knew how he felt. <smile>

My cousin raised five kids in Beersheba.  They have moved back to the US
last year with the three younger ones, now aged 9-14.  You would never
know that English was not these children's first language to hear them
now.  You will do fine.

Selene Colfox