[Sca-cooks] Favorite chocolate truffle recipe?

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Mon Dec 22 09:45:51 PST 2003

Also sprach Susan Fox-Davis:
>Oh. My. God. That syrup sounds glorious, but...  Do you know how
>much trouble I'd get in around here if I used up a whole bottle of
>Champagne that way?  I just boiled a goose for fat and lovely stock,
>and at $7 USD per pound my lord husband was Not Amused.  We do have
>a goodly pint or more of goose fat though, perhaps some kind of
>confit will appease him.

Take half the fat and the chopped goose meat, and make rillettes? The
rest of the goose fat can be seen as collateral damage or pure
profit. Your call. Makes _the_ best home fries. Pretend this was your
goal all along. Show spouse leftover fat, saying it is a byproduct of
making those lovely rillettes. Make home fries. Years from now he'll
tell people it was all _his_ idea.

Adamantius