[Sca-cooks] Favorite chocolate truffle recipe?

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 22 12:02:30 PST 2003

>On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 22:06:03 -0600, StefanliRous at austin.rr.com wrote:
> > Anne-Marie asked:
> >> Of course the better the chocolate, the better the truffle, I'm sure!
> >> And how much flavoring can one add before you screw up the consistency?
> >> I'd like to try flavoring them next time :). (can you say Kirschwasser?
> > Yes, I can say it. But I have no idea what it is. A liquor?
>
>Yes. Essentially cherry schnapps. Sometimes just called "kirsch".
>

>****************
>Avraham haRofeh

ugh.  I quickly read this and deleted it before it registered.  I'm back to
say; What are you saying Avraham??  Schnapps is a waaaaaaaaay over sweetened
tongue coating ick, whereas, Kirsch is a much more pleasant mouth feel and
taste.  I have been giving out small bottles of it to folks for the holidays
and wow do they like it.  I use it in making truffles, fruit or nut
quickbreads, cheesecakes, poundcakes, marinades and a nice addition to a
milkshake.
I have recently re-discovered orange flavor liquours too.  At the present
time, Grand Gala is at the top of my list.  mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Olwen