[Sca-cooks] One of the original fruitcakes has been admitted to ; -)

karobert at unm.edu karobert at unm.edu
Mon Dec 22 12:02:41 PST 2003

Quoting "Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius" <adamantius at verizon.net>:

> Also sprach Phlip:
> >Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...
> >
> >http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/12/22/offbeat.fruitcake.ap/index.html
>
> This from a culture that has no problem with pickled eggs.

hey!  i like pickled eggs! 8)

> I'm curious as to why, and at what point, people stopped liking
> fruitcake

hey!  i like fruitcake too... in moderate doses.   and soaked in enuf
brandy or rum, ya really don't care too much, now do ya?  8)))))

my theory on dislike of fruitcake?   citron... gets too hard and burnt-y
tasting.   i tend to eat a piece or two around the holidays... usually
at home where i can be less than discrete about spitting out the citron...

now a good irish porter cake... THAT's holiday eating.   did a yummy one
this year with guiness, dried apricots and dried figs rather than
raisings.   reeeeeeeeeeeeeal nice!

cailte