[Sca-cooks] Pistachio Marzipan

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 17:15:06 PST 2003

Do you have a Trader Joes near you?  They sell
them usually salted and unsalted.  Although they
are more expensive than Hadley's which is only
in SoCal.  I would be happy to supply you and
Adamantius with several pounds of pistachios if
you would be willing to send me back samples of
what you make with them.

Huette

--- Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:
> *sigh*
> They're five dollars a pound, here, and only
> come salted....
> --maire, who'd love to find unsalted ones for
> pastries...
>
> lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
> >
> > Adamantius wrote:
> > >I was looking for pistachio extract there
> yesterday, but they were
> > >out. Coulda gotten ground, shelled
> pistachios several blocks east
> > >(think Lexington Avenue), but it's pretty
> expensive. Someday when I'm
> > >rich I'll experiment with festicade, which
> is basically a period,
> > >pistachio marzipan...
> >
> > Oh, oh, oh, ah, ah, ah, aaaaaaahhhhh
> >
> > So where's the recipe?