[Sca-cooks] Re: Food in 1632? sorta OP/OT

JAMES REVELLS sudnserv5 at verizon.net
Mon Dec 22 21:27:46 PST 2003

Sorry, I was unclear.  The reason I wanted the info on the food
available/familiar to the Germans is because a story was written from their
viewpoint as to the type of food being given to them by their host who is
helping some displaced peasants to relocate in the Grantville area (we give
you shelter -you give us labor-we all help with the common defense- we have
an equitable trade in goods & services-you become citizens-we establish a
democratic form of government) which is a point many of the stories revolve
around (the different expectations of either side & what works to improve
the conditions).  The information might be of use to several other writers
when they are writing stories that have food in the nearby towns & villages.
One of the stories has a person from Grantville reinventing the Lobster
Roll, for example.
Pax,
Olaf