[Sca-cooks] Fruitcakes are dangerous was original fruitcakes

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Tue Dec 23 06:17:11 PST 2003

Also sprach Johnna Holloway:
>This just in from the FAA-- (made ABC News this am)
>
>Do not pack food or beverages in checked baggage.
>Due to their organic contents, foods like cheese, chocolate,
>or fruitcake can be mistaken by bomb detection machines for explosives.
>
>There you have it---  fruitcakes can show up as bombs.
>
>But then so are books--

Good G*d, do you know what you've done??? I can only hope he's too busy...

You've set up Par for more...

..."TALES... OF THE EXPLOSIVE... SURSTROMMING"!!!

<duh daaaaaaahhhhhhh, de de dummmmmmmmmm!!!>

[Surstrommong, for those who don't follow this stuff, are herring
salted with half as much salt as was considered necessary to do the
job. The result was originally sold to various [allegedly] ignorant
aboriginal types, who decided they liked it and immediately ordered a
larger batch for next year... I gather that it's good stuff, but
something of an acquired taste, being somewhere in between pickled
herring and kim chee. Sort of... bubbly. In order to keep this
product long enough to be shipped to the four corners of the earth,
where this product is appreciated, and since it has less preservative
salt, it is sealed in cans, but not heat-sterilized -- that would
kill all the lovely fizziness. The tins, consequently, can become
somewhat bloated.]

Hey. How about a mockumentary, or even a Reality [sic] TV show called
Mondo Culinaria??? We, at least, would do it correctly...

Adamantius