[Sca-cooks] German History was Food 1632

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 23 07:05:04 PST 2003

> Bear
> Remember that little cookbook by Sabina Welserin?  The Welsers were
financed
> a private expedition into South America in the late 1530s.  The Fuggers,
> Welsers and Hochstetters were funding Spanish and Portuguese exploration
and
> had agents in most of the Mediterranean ports.  They had their fingers in
> most of the trade pies in Europe.  If something was in Europe, it could
get
> to Germany, or at least Augsburg, quickly.

OK Mister, where do you get all of this information? :)
I would really like to learn more about all of these interesting things you
have said about the Welsers et al... I believe I have asked this before,
only  in not so many words. Are there any books that you could reccomend and
that I could acquire that I could learn more about this?

Best Wishes for a Peaceful Holiday,
Serena da Riva