[Sca-cooks] Favorite chocolate truffle recipe?

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 23 08:15:50 PST 2003

>mmmm....kirsch/cherry bit truffles....toasty hazelnut bits with
>frangelico...I like the idea of the edible gold dust...
>
>any hints on making them nice and round other than rolling in your
>hands? And thanks for the tip on the limitation of oxidation with the
>parchment/plastic wrap.
>
>--Anne-Marie, who wishes she had more time to play in the kitchen :)

I will have to be dragging out my box of chocolates and small bottles of
liquours.  All this talk of truffles is making me crazy.  I think I still
have some chocolate covered coffee beans at home too that I can smash and
roll some of the truffles in.  mmmm...

As far as making them round..?  Hans and I have discovered that we can roll
squares and diamond shapes.  Making a round ball on the other hand, is some
trick that seems to have escaped us!
Olwen