[Sca-cooks] Favorite chocolate truffle recipe?

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 23 19:24:33 PST 2003

On 12/23/03 1:49 PM, "Olwen the Odd" <olwentheodd at hotmail.com> wrote:

> You can pick up a cheap bottle of champagne for $10 or less.
> $7.00 a pound for goose??  Cripes, I just griped about paying $2.74 a pound!
> That 12 pound goose better turn out well!
> Olwen

It didn't.  It fell apart in the boil.  Jared nibbled the morsels of meat
and threw the bones away. I'm going to deal with the fat and stock tomorrow.
<shrug>  This simply is not goose country.  I have [not seriously]
considered taking home the annoying mooching geese that plague us at Great
Western War... Oh well.  We don't know what they've been eating anyway.

On the other hand, a Laurel I know has pistachio trees on his lands.  I'd
never even seen an actual pistachio tree.  [That's Oso up in Wintermist.  We
have both kitchen knives that he has made so far. <grin>]

Selene C.