[Sca-cooks] [Fwd: [LMB] culinairy advice wanted]

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Wed Dec 24 12:18:23 PST 2003

Also sprach margali:
>from a different list i am on...i figure if anybody can help, we can=)
>margali

My wife (who cooks and eats soups like this for medicinal purposes)
tells me that these are both summertime soups for restoring the
humoral balance (for lack of a better term). Apparently the heat of
summer builds up hot and dry humors in the body (what medieval
Europeans would have considered choleric); these are intended to
restore the balance.

If eating these for the flavor alone, use a chicken. If for medicinal
purposes, pork bones, such as neck bones with a little meat on them.

Adamantius