[Sca-cooks] German History was Food 1632

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Dec 24 20:40:18 PST 2003

A list of the books would be nice.  The only things I have located are a few
on the Fuggers including the Fugger correspondence, which I don't think has
been translated either.  The three primary branches of the Fugger family
became nobles and are still around, but I haven't found out what happened to
the Welsers and the Hochsetters .

The economic histories, which is where I have found most of the information,
seem to only cover the men.  I'm also curious about a Fugger cookbook.  I've
seen one recipe which purports to be from it, but I haven't found other
references.  You come across any?

I haven't encountered the von Huttons, so what's their story?

Bear