[Sca-cooks] Pistachio marzipan

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Dec 24 22:58:55 PST 2003

Olwen commented:
> Silly Stefan.
Who, me???
> No, pressing sugar into/onto molds and letting it get hard.
Regular granulated sugar? Or do you actually mean sugarpaste? Or
something else?
> I am going to try making a faberge egg.  I will also need some pieces
> For the St. Basil's Cathedral, which will mostly be gingerbread and
> marzipan.
>
> I haven't figured out how to post any pictures since I eft my last
> job a year ago.  And I have _dozens_ to post!  Heck Stefan, there is no
> telling that no one will even *take* the class.
Yeah, right. Have you ever given a class which had a low attendance?
One that was properly advertised at a good sized event?
> There are lots of neat classes going on that day.
Yes, and I suspect your class will still have a number of folks who are
interested in this.

It is important to get your class into any event booklet that is going
out, especially for such things as Pennsic and Gulf Wars. I've almost
always had a full class at my Gulf Wars pewter casting class. Except
the two years just before last year when because of erroneous info on
the web page I didn't get my class info into the class coordinator in
time. Then I got only about half a dozen instead of the usual 12 to 20.
So, if you are going to teach a class, I strongly encourage you to
learn from my experience and get the info in on time.

Stefan
(And yes, if you happen to be at Gulf Wars this year, I will be
teaching my class again)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com