[Sca-cooks] My Christmas dinner & LOOT

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Dec 26 22:12:34 PST 2003

  Caointiarn commented:
> We had a nice ham {hickory smoked, no water adulteration} ...
Do you know where you got this? The only non-water added hams I've seen
have been the ones talked about on this list. But I can't remember the
brand right now. I don't think those were hickory smoked. Another
source would be nice.
> The Mistress had been
> "munching" and grazing the day away with  little potted cheese goos,
> crackers & beef log  along with the various baked sweets.
A beef log? I've heard of cheese logs, but not beef logs. Do you mean a
summer sausage or something else?
> Also some strange foodie items, like Galanga Powder,   product of
> Thailand,
> (is this galingale?)
Yes, it is. I've got a bottle of this in my cabinet which I got from a
local Asian store.
> and a can of Quail eggs to play with.
Please let us know how you use these.
>      Tempertures have been low 50's, this week, with a chance of rain
> yesterday (didn't happen).   HOWEVER I awoke to SNOW falling briskly
> ("a light snow") at 30F.
I've spent the last week raking/vacuuming up the leaves in my yards
(the new and the old house). The temperature is supposed to be in the
70s tomorrow. :-)
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas