[Sca-cooks] My Christmas dinner and LOOT

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Dec 26 23:35:01 PST 2003

  Andrea, A very happy woman!! (and rightly so) said:
> So, I got a:
> Hand forged iron trivet for my copper Goosebay pot (got last year)
> Hand forged iron spoon with brass bowl
> Hand forged iron frying pan
Do you have a picture of this frying pan?

> and
> 2 gorgeous 1600's eating spoons from England
> 2 1600's Dutch travelling eating sets (fork/knife)
Are these the real thing or copies?
> 1 large fluid container, ceramic, pewter lidded, decorated with knights
> (EBAY)
> 1 leather bellows for my cook fire
> Lessons for throwing my own pots and dishes
Neat. Perhaps some of the files in the CRAFTS section of the
Florilegium, or elsewhere, might help you start the class with some
useful background knowledge.
Ceramics-Intro-art(13K) 11/19/01    An introduction to pottery and
ceramics
                                        by Lady Artemesia Serena.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CRAFTS/Ceramics-Intro-art.html
Throwing-Pots-art (13K) 11/21/01    "Throwing Pots" by Lady Artemesia
Serena.
                                        Using a potter's wheel.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CRAFTS/Throwing-Pots-art.html
pottery-msg      (101K)  8/22/02    Medieval pottery, kilns. modern
equivalents.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CRAFTS/pottery-msg.html
pottery-whels-msg (28K)  1/24/01    Period pottery wheels. Types.
Building them.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CRAFTS/pottery-whels-msg.html

> and mundane...a Health Club Membership!!
Now there is a gift that some folks would take the wrong way.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com