[Sca-cooks] My Christmas dinner and LOOT

DeeWolff at aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Fri Dec 26 10:55:26 PST 2003

Duck basted with soy sauce and champagne (Don't knock it, it was most
excellent).
Stuffed with sausage and three types mushrooms(white, crimini, portabella)
and scallions.
Steamed spinach
Mini -mincemeat (with beef) tarts (made with puff pastry)
Champagne

My loot?
My husband found and commissioned a blacksmith who will do work from an
artsource...
So, I got a:
Hand forged iron trivet for my copper Goosebay pot (got last year)
Hand forged iron spoon with brass bowl
Hand forged iron frying pan

and
2 gorgeous 1600's eating spoons from England
2 1600's Dutch travelling eating sets (fork/knife)
1 large fluid container, ceramic, pewter lidded, decorated with knights
(EBAY)
1 leather bellows for my cook fire
Lessons for throwing my own pots and dishes
and mundane....a Health Club Membership!!

Andrea
A very happy woman!!

Our minds are like our stomachs; they are whetted by the change of their
food, and variety supplies both with fresh appetites.
Marcus Fabius Quintilian (35 - 90) Roman orator