[Sca-cooks] My Christmas dinner & LOOT

Jane Boyko jboyko at magma.ca
Sun Dec 28 06:32:45 PST 2003

I just got back from my family's Christmas and read everyone else's postings.
Wow, everything sounds good and I am now planning meals to try in the next
month on weekends.

My mother has incorporated my grandmother's Christmas traditions and has for
a few years since we stopped going to my grandmother's house.

Since my grandmother is Ukrainain we always have cabbage rolls, keilbossa,
tiny meatballs in a mushroom gravy sauce (usually with mushrooms picked in
the fall).  We also add on turkey with my mother's bread, onion, butter and
sage dressing, ham (which we didn't have this year - we had instead breaded
pork shish-kabobs), garlic pepper mashed pototoes, corn, carrots plus all the
pickles mom makes:  dills, sweet pickles, hot salsa and beet horseradish.  I
am sure I am forgetting something.  For dessert we were offered cherry pie or
raison.  Normally we have apple or lemon but mom changed things this year.
We also have Christmas pudding with a hot sauce and ice cream.

Loot:

A Lee Valley knife sharpener and a label maker and $50.00 gift certificate to
a local bookstore.
Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre - BBC versions from friends
Spices and oils
Mixing bowls
A Paderno frying pan
Pampered Chef stoneware and cookbook

Plus lots of fun with my family.

Since I wasn't on the wagon to wish everyone Merry Christmas I will wish you
all a very Happy New Year.

Marina Anastasia Ozeroski
(Skraeling Althing - Ealdomere)