[Sca-cooks] maintenance questions -- feast gear

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Dec 29 08:54:41 PST 2003

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net wrote:

>- anybody have a good cheap source for those composite wood bowls or some
>other substitute for soup-sized and butter-sized wooden or cheap plastic
>bowls?

Try a good restaurant or professional food/equipment supply store. I did
a quick browse online--
http://www.twinsupply.com/ sells them for example---
5-3/4 INCH BOWL-BIRCHWOOD Product Code : 52860
Price: US$ 1.71 is one entry.

http://www.foodservicedirect.com/index.cfm/S/171/CLID/632/Woven_Wood.htm
is more expensive.

You'd want to see a sample to make sure what you were getting.
Make sure you specify hot or cold service needs. Some are salad only.

>- anybody have a good idea what proportion of large to small bowls one
>should have for feastgear?

Totally depends on the feast, number of courses, dishes, and the cook or
chief server. I don't know
that a hard and fast rule would work.

Johnnae llyn Lewis