Sausage gravy- was Re: [Sca-cooks] gravy

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Dec 29 11:38:10 PST 2003

> I probably would have gotten a mouthful and gone nuts trying to figure
> out how to spit it out or even hurl my cookies without offending
> anybody. *shudder*

That's pretty much how I felt when I tasted the sausage gravy made with
plain sausage, using the sausage-fat roux/milk method-- all I could taste
was fat. I guess it's all in what you are used to.

Now, mind you, I don't recall anyone complaining about our version in the
past-- the one person who brought it up only complained a year later, and
of course the lady who cooked it with italian sausage under duress said it
wasn't as good as the kind she made at home. *shrug*

I guess we're just crass, down here in the hinterlands. :)

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists certainly as love and
generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to
your life its highest beauty and joy." -- Francis P. Church