Sausage gravy- was Re: [Sca-cooks] gravy

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Dec 29 14:36:31 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> yup, phlip - you put way too much meat in it for what i like...for me 1
> lb sausage should make enough gravy for 8 to 10 people not 4 people=)

Depends on how you were taught. I've always made 1 lb of sausage be
appropriate for 3-4 people, unless we're stretching to feed more people, and
in that case you add more milk- which, if you recall, we were short on at
the time- that's why it was so thick, after I accidently added too much
flour.

So, next time, you make yourself a batch, and I'll make myself a batch, and
we'll both be happy. That will allow me to add my preferred amount of pepper
and sage, rather than yours.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.