Sausage gravy- was Re: [Sca-cooks] gravy

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 29 21:00:49 PST 2003

Margali posted her recipe for sausage gravy and then closed with:
> and sausage gravy is actually good on chicken fried steak=) or mashed
> potatos
Yes, it sounds like it would be good. I may try your recipe the next
time I "make" some chicken fried steak if I have some breakfast type
sausage in the refrigerator.  I'm usually using the already cooked
patties that you can buy (at least here) in the refrigerator cases in
the store. So, the gravy will take more time than warming up the steak,
unless I fry the steak rather than just warm it in the microwave.

And no, Adamantius, the steaks I usually buy are usually just packed
four, six or eight in the foam tray with the cellophane wrap over it.
No gravy mix, although sometimes I have seen that. I'm often just
making a chicken-fried steak sandwich anyway, and I don't use the gravy
there. And these aren't ground. That sounds horrible. But rather some
other meat that has been mechanically tenderized.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com