Sausage gravy- was Re: [Sca-cooks] gravy

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Dec 30 06:40:18 PST 2003

> Being a Southerner I have definite opinions on this subject, but they are
> mine and everyone is entitled to their own.

Thank you!

I understand that not everyone likes things the same as I do. Just as well
that we don't make the other kind, maybe we'd run out too soon if all the
sausage gravy gourmands liked it. :)

> I was a bit confused about the discussion of Sausage Gravy being bland, it
> has been awhile since I have eaten it (it falls into the category of love it
> but hooo boy that's some fat) but I have eaten it for a long time, and bland
> is not a adjective I would use for it. I believe that there is variation
> even in the way that Southerner's prepare it.
> Most SG that I have eaten falls just inside my top range of tolerance level
> for spices, granted I have a wussy palate, but bland? So, my only conclusion
> is the sausage used to prepare it must be drastically different.

I wouldn't be surprised! Even in the Lehigh Valley I have eaten
drastically different versions of the same sausage, depending on the
ethnic group and of course the brand. The stuff we buy is made by a
particular butcher, and it's not the same as the stuff I get at my
butcher!

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists certainly as love and
generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to
your life its highest beauty and joy." -- Francis P. Church