[Sca-cooks] maintenance questions -- feast gear

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 29 23:00:42 PST 2003

Aurore commented:
> Ok in my shire we have a certain number of tables, each table holds
> average 8 people, each table gets one big bowl and two little bowls.
> Big bowl
> holds main courses or large quanitities of food, small bowls are for
> like
> butter and whatnots.
But do you have a double set? Or just enough for all tables? If so,
then doesn't this mean you have to get back and wash these bowls before
the next course can even be served?

My barony has a trunk full of those cheap, pressed wood bowls. Rather
ugly and modern looking, although not as bad as plastic. But they are
cheap, clean easily and don't require special care. We have at least a
double set so that while the dishes are out or are being gathered in,
the next course can be put into a set of serving dishes.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com