[Sca-cooks] Philly, was Christmas dinner...

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 30 09:00:01 PST 2003

Kirsten Houseknecht wrote:
>which theater? i live in philly and can tell you this is NOT a homogenous
>city... it is neighborhoods and one theater will have a very different crowd
>than another....

Well, first, in Philly's defense i've had absolutely marvelous food
in restaurants there, so my comment on the Chinese food as mediocre -
well, it *was* Christmas Day, i KNOW there are better ones... And the
bad East Coast pizza (those unbelievably flat flat falt slices like i
used to buy when i lived in Manhattan), again, it was Christmas
Eve... so in both cases we had to take what we could find, since we
obviously hadn't planned ahead.

As for the movie theater, i don't recall the name, but my daughter
said that it often had badly behaved viewers. It was some multiplex,
there was a paintball or laser game place next door... It might have
been the Riverview 17... The badly behaved morons in front of us, two
couples of "slacker" student-types, broke into a rather interesting
bout of body percussion and dancing in the lobby after the film was
over - they were pretty good. Too bad they weren't nearly so clever
during the film.

>next time you are in philly call me

Thanks for the offer... i'll do that :-)

Anahita
beginning to read Saturday's messages (and checking today's)