[Sca-cooks] maintenance questions -- feast gear

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 30 09:12:00 PST 2003

>Aurore commented:
>>Ok in my shire we have a certain number of tables, each table holds
>>average 8 people, each table gets one big bowl and two little bowls.  Big
>>bowl
>>holds main courses or large quanitities of food, small bowls are for like
>>butter and whatnots.

You send your main courses out in bowls?  Even if it's roast pork and
chicken and spinach (for example)?  I have seen several places who put the
entirety of a course on one platter (for each table).  While I understand
that other places aren't as "stuff" wealthy as Bright Hills, I do not,
personally like this method of serving.  It makes it look more like pizza
<<ICK>> than anything else.  I guess I'm not one for food touching other
food, although I am not obsessive about it (I hope).  I can't imagine my
enjoying foods even more mixed up in bowls.
Olwen