[Sca-cooks] maintenance questions -- feast gear

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Dec 30 06:51:52 PST 2003

> I have a bag full of the composite wooden bowls that I can't deal with as
> they are musty and if I try to open the bag I have an asthma attack.  I can
> bring it to you at the Cooks Collegeum and you can see what is usable, if
> you like.

Oooh! Yes. Um, can your cooks guild use some medium-sized black plastic
'disposable' bowls, or trays? One of our fanatically recycling members
keeps saving them when his work entertains clients and giving them to us.
We could trade.

> >- anybody have a good idea what proportion of large to small bowls one
> >should have for feastgear?
>
> I have one larger soup bowl, a small soup bowl and a couple of tiny ones for
> sauces in my gear, plus two plates and flatware for three plus two to four
> napkins and two cups.  Seems odd, but so am I.

Thanks! and thanks to everyone who has contributed on this one! I'm just
trying to get a sense of what we should have-- my goal for my shire is to
NEVER have to wash between courses!

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists certainly as love and
generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to
your life its highest beauty and joy." -- Francis P. Church