[Sca-cooks] Raw veggie platter, was canned gravy??????

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Dec 30 13:39:52 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> This platter was not served at our nuclear family dinners, but did
> appear at larger family get-togethers. And it was often on a special
> dish with separate segments for each item. I never cared for it - it
> was just another kind of blandness to go along with the generally
> bland Midwestern food the family usually ate.

Anahita, when I first moved to the Midwest, I thought the food was bland
too- until I moved over here to Connecticut. Even the Chinese restaurants
have half the heat in their spicy dishes as I was used to in Ohio. And, one
day I went to a "Mexican" restaurant. The entire meal was dead bland, and
the wiatress looked at me in some surprise when I asked for hot sauce- and
after some searching, found me an elderly bottle of Tabasco.

>From what I've heard, the only place worse for bland is Wisconsin....

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.