[Sca-cooks] Raw veggie platter, was canned gravy??????

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Dec 31 10:50:14 PST 2003

This exact vegetable platter was always on the table at big family meals
in my family, as well. Midwestern (also Illinois) for three generations on
Mom's side, then Sweden, Austria, Germany before that. Dad's side is from
central PA (Lewisburg and environs), and I don't remember such a vegetable
platter at big family meals with them.

We usually had another dish of various sorts of pickles, because different
members of the family had pickle requirements, including beets and the
obligatory hard-boiled eggs that went with them. I don't remember this
sort of thing showing up in restaurants either, and we actually ate in
"American" type places sometimes.

Margaret