: [Sca-cooks] OT: Space Shuttle disintegrates on landing approach

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 1 11:00:55 PST 2003

Gorgeous Muiredach wrote:
>  Folks, it's 9:45 am Eastern, CNN is showing the shuttle as it is FALLING
>  APART and burning.

I heard around 7 AM California time. I listened for a while. I cried.
I turned the radio off. There's nothing i can do. I will await news
of what caused it to happen.

An interesting crew - 7 people - 2 of whom were women. An Israeli
man, an African-American man, a woman who emigrated to the US from
India. Most likely representing three religions, and possible several
Christian sects. A rather ecumenical crew.

On the other hand, how many people die daily in the US in automobile
crashes? How many die of starvation in the world? or of inter-ethnic
or inter-religious violence?

It's a tragedy for the US, but it's small in the scheme of things...

Anahita
not at all blase, but trying to keep perspective