[Sca-cooks] blue food coloring & translations

Nancy Kiel nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 4 08:33:46 PST 2003

I appreciate everyone's help with the color problem.  I think I'll try the
cerulean blue sauce (with frozen blackberries) and mess about with the red
cabbage variants first. I am certainly willing to use modern colors if I
can't get suitable safe period ones, but I'd like to try the old-fashioned
way first. I would like any info about alkanet, however, as that is also
period and apparently food-safe in small quantities.

I would also like to say a big THANK YOU to all those clever people who can
speak other languages and have gone to the trouble of translating cookbooks.
  My resources would be drastically limited if I had to rely on my
only-English-speaking self.

Nancy Kiel
nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
Never tease a weasel!