[Sca-cooks] clotted cream

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 6 07:23:11 PST 2003

>Lady Olwen the Odd asked:
>>Hi all.  ok, throw sticks and grumble now because I'm going to ask a
>>question that has been asked a number of times and I should have copied
>>the
>>answer somewhere but didn't.
>
>Well, for something that you know has been asked here previously and it has
>some connection to period food, why didn't you look in the Florilegium? Ok,
>you're cute and make such cute marzipan thingies, we will forgive you this
>time.
>

>>Clotted cream.  Can't get it where I am so what do I substitite?
>Check this file in the FOOD section:
>dairy-prod-msg    (80K) 10/ 4/01    Dairy products. milk, butter, curds,
>cream.
>
>http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/dairy-prod-msg.html
>You will find recipes on how to make this and other comments about it.
>--
>THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of

Thank you Stefan.  Your right.  I shoulda looked.  Another case of leaping
before looking.  At least this time I don't have to have my ankle
reconstructed...
BTW, I am entering an Aphrodisiac cooking A&S contest on the 15th at our
Baronial B-Day event.  If I pull this off right, I should have some very fun
pictures to show...
Olwen, wheels turning, mischief abounds...