[Sca-cooks] OOP - slow cookers - translation

Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au
Wed Feb 5 18:36:51 PST 2003

Bung: put (on), throw (on), add (in)
Chook: chicken (I suspect this is an onomatopoea from the sound chickens make)

sorry.. I figured that even if you hadn't heard of chooks before, you would make sense of it from the name of the recipe.

Many Australian's would say "bung a few snags on the barbie" to say "put some sausages on the barbecue".  Interestingly the other meaning of the word bung in Australian slang is "broken, dead, useless, ruined", so I would describe myself as having a bung knee.

Kiriel
musing upon the joys of the english language and its variants