[Sca-cooks] Cooking Bear

Jane Massey dylansmom at cox.net
Thu Feb 6 20:25:54 PST 2003

Howdy,
I have been offered some bear meat by a fellow scadian, but I am not sure how to prep or cook the dang thing. Not really into having "Smokey" for dinner but I am thinking of deep freezing it and serving it at high table in March. Are there any period recipes for bear meat.  I know that Le Menagier de Paris has a brief passage on "How to make Beef taste like Bear" but that's the extent of anything I have seen on the subject. Any suggestions?

Lavender