[Sca-cooks] Cooking Bear

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Feb 6 21:48:38 PST 2003

I don't know of any period bear recipes, and I haven't actually eaten
bear since I was a kid.  I seem to remember it as sweet-tasting, and
pinkish, but it's been a loooong, loooong time, so my memory could be
faulty.
Depending on where you live, though, you might be able to find wild game
cookbooks in your library or used-book store.  I've seen a bunch here,
but then I live in a hunting-intensive state (Montana, aka Northern
Artemisia).
--Maire